In order to fulfill its mission and achieve its objectives OEB is active on a multifaceted front:
Its most important actions are:
• Demarches to the Government, House of Representatives and Trade Unions on economic, labour, business, European, tax, environmental, legislative and social issues.
• Participates in official tripartite and other committees where it puts forward the views of the business community in a precise and well-founded manner in order to avert one-sided developments or decisions that are against its members’ interests.
• Informs and shapes public opinion by projecting the views of the business community so that they can be easily understood and taken seriously into consideration by the Government, the Parliament and other decision-making bodies in the formulation of their policies.
• Participates and represents the Cypriot Employers at the Annual and other Conferences of the International Labour Organisation. Also participates and represents the business community at European and International bodies and organisations, and promotes the interests of Cypriot enterprises.
OEB is a member of the following International Organisations:
OEB is also a member of the following EU bodies:
• Constantly upgrades and enhances the services offered to Members based on their needs and adapted according to local, European or International conditions/trends.
OEB aims to influence decision-making bodies in a way that will help create an economic environment that encourages business activities to the benefit of the society as a whole.
About Us >