This involves providing assistance, support and information on all issues relating to human resources and the complex sector of labour relations, collective bargaining and labour legislation:
- Provides help in the study and evaluation of labour demands before and during negotiations with Trade Unions for the renewal of collective agreements.
- Assists members in the negotiations with Trade Unions, including the mediation and arbitration stage at the Ministry of Labour and Social Insurance.
- Represents members in meetings with Trade Unions to discuss labour issues.
- Offers advice and information:
- Οn how to handle labour disputes in conformity with the Industrial Relations Code and the Labour Legislation.
- On the proper implementation of labour legislation: Laws on the Termination of Employment, Social Insurance, Annual Leave, Equal Pay, Equality of Treatment, Protection of Maternity, Organisation of Working Time, Transfer of Undertakings, etc.
- On issues relating to work conditions and the work environment, health and safety at the workplace, etc.
- On levels of pay.
- On benefits and allowances.
- On working hours and shifts.
- Offers expert advice on Human Resource's related issues:
- Salaries' Surveys.
- Risk Assessment Surveys at the Workplace.
- Human Resource Studies.
- Remuneration and Incentives Schemes.
- Training and Development Procedures and Schemes for Human Capital.
- Strategic Planning.
- Employee Opinion Surveys.
- Employee Handbooks.
- Employee Performance Appraisal Systems.
- Disciplinary Procedures and Codes.
OEB also offers advice and information to companies on European Union issues, so that they can adapt quickly and effectively to the "Acquis Communautaire".